The Cyprus Sailing Federation aims at promoting sailing as a sport all over Cyprus, at developing a sense of fair play and fair competition among clubs and athletes, at representing Cypriot sailing at international level and at assisting the Members of the Federation by providing material and moral support, aspiring to the evolution of sailing in general and the cultivation of a love for the sea in line with the principles of good sporting attitude.
The Federation pursues these objectives by
- organising, declaring, performing and supervising championships, races and other sporting events on a Cypriot, regional or international level,
- forming the National and Olympic Team and participating in international sailing races,
- promoting Cyprus sailing and organising several events dealing with the sport of sailing,
- acquiring and providing dinghies, equipment, technical assistance and equipment checks to its members,
- aiming at the passing of legislation and the taking of any other legal measure to facilitate the sport of sailing in Cyprus,
- promoting the creation of safe spaces for access to port, launching and placing on land of sailing dinghies and auxiliary vessels,
- issuing and renewing internal regulations and implementing international regulations governing the sport of sailing,
- approving and supervising the official internal and local races organised by the members of the Federation, and
- approving the participation of Cypriot sailors in international races in Cyprus or abroad.